If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a progressive department located in the beautiful Golden Heart of Alaska, you’ve come to the right place.
The Fairbanks Police Department provides the highest quality police services by working in partnership with the community to improve the quality of life in Fairbanks. We recognize the value and importance of our employees and ensure that all employees are treated equitably and fairly. The Department is committed to providing its members with top notch leadership, training and equipment to perform its mission.
Police Officer Recruit (Entry Level, Probationary year)
- Salary Range: $23.90 hour – $27.78 hour
Police Officer (after 1st year probation)
- Salary Range: $29.23 hour/Step 1 – $36.53 hour/Step 7
Police Officer (Modified Entry)
- Salary Range: $32.23 hour/Step 3 – $36.53 hour/Step 7
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Work Schedule: 4/10
- Take home patrol car program
- PERS retirement plan (defined contribution based)
- Section 457 (tax deferred) investment plans
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Uniform cleaning allowance: $65 per month
- $275 annual footwear allowance
- $150 annually for incidental purchases of duty equipment
- APSC certification incentive: $1250/year Intermediate, $2750/year Advanced
- Comprehensive health, dental, visual, audio and life insurance package covering employee and family members
- Section 125 Plan: $1200 per year. Additional contributions to pay for out of pocket health care expenses, child care, etc. are tax deferred.
- Holidays: 10 days per year
- Personal Leave: 160 hours per year (Years 1-2), 200 hours per year (Years 3-5), 240 hours per year (Over 5 years)
- Shift differential: Swing Shift 5% of base pay, Mid Shift 10% of base pay
- Presentation of duty weapon and badge upon retirement
For application and testing information, click the following:
THE TESTING PROCESS IS THE SAME FOR ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING LATERAL ENTRY.