We are Hiring! Apply Now!
WE ARE HIRING!
$23.90 – $36.53 / hour depending on experience.
Lateral Police Officers (Academy Certified) receive a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
- FPD is comprised of 46 sworn officers and six civilian support personnel
- FPD utilizes state of the art equipment and technology.
- Officers currently work four, 10-hour shifts per week with overtime possibilities
- Swing shift 5% and night shift 10% pay differential
- Take-home car program for all sworn officers
- 160-240 hours of annual leave, 2 personal days and 8 paid holidays yearly
- Healthcare and Retirement benefits
- Specialized assignment possibilities include Tactical Police Team (SWAT), Traffic Enforcement Unit, K9 Handler, Drug Investigator, or Community Policing Officer.
- Promotional opportunities include Detective, Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Deputy Chief.
The Fairbanks Police Department is a progressive, professional organization. Our mission is to serve the public with integrity, wisdom, courage, and compassion; working in partnership with the community to make Fairbanks a great place to live, work and visit. In order to provide the best possible service to the citizenry we serve, we will continuously strive to increase our knowledge and capabilities through a coordinated strategy integrating leadership, education, and technology. See a brief message from Chief Aragon in the video below:
COMMUNITY ORIENTED POLICING
Information about how the public can help with Community Oriented Policing is available in our COP Citizen Handbook.
Partnership We are committed to working in partnership with the community and each other to identify and resolve issues which impact public safety
Respect We are committed to respecting individual rights, human dignity, and value of all members of the community and the department.
Integrity We are committed to nurturing the public trust by holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
Dedication We are committed to providing the highest quality of professional law enforcement service to the community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life in Fairbanks.
Empowerment We are committed to empowering our members and community to resolve problems by creating an environment that encourages solutions and addresses the needs of the community.
- Authorized strength of 52, which includes 46 sworn officers and six civilian support personnel [2016 Organization Chart] . Our sister department, the Fairbanks Emergency Communications Center has an authorized strength of 17, including a manager and 16 dispatchers.
- Authorized budget of $7.2 million.
Learn more about the Fairbanks Police Department in our latest Annual Report:
The City of Fairbanks is located in the heart of Alaska’s interior on the banks of the Chena River in the Tanana Valley. The City has a population of 31,142 residents and serves as the seat of the government for the Fairbanks North Star Borough, population 97,581. Fairbanks is a first class city with a strong mayor/council form of government, and serves as the region’s service and supply center for Interior Alaska, with an economy that is heavily supported by mining, tourism, the University of Alaska, and the military. Fairbanks is the home of the Yukon Quest, World Ice Art Championships, Tanana Valley State Fair, and Golden Days Celebration. Fairbanks also hosts the Open North American Dog Races, the Midnight Sun Run, the Equinox marathon, the World Eskimo and Indian Olympics, the Festival of Native Arts, the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival and numerous athletic, cultural, and community events.
Please take a few minutes and complete this short community survey to tell us how we’re doing: